With winter fast approaching, now is an ideal time to service your gas heater. Not only will a check-up by a registered gasfitter ensure that your heating system is fully functional, it will help prevent carbon monoxide production which can occur from dust and dirt build-up, blocked ducts or a fault in the combustion process.
Inhaling carbon monoxide can cause serious health problems and severe poisoning can lead to brain damage and even death.
It is recommended that you service your heater at least once every two years, and this applies to all types of gas heaters, old or new, including wall units, decorative log fires and central systems.
For more information, please visit the Energy Safe Victoria website at https://www.esv.vic.gov.au/